The article includes a list of 10 most downloaded songs from the iTunes app. The list was recently released by the developers of iTunes.
iTunes is a renowned media player and library which is also the client app for the iTunes Store that has been developed by Apple Inc. The application can be used to purchase, play, download and organize digital multimedia on computers running on Mac OS as well as devices that feature Windows OS.
The initial focus of the app was limited to music which has now been expanded into a library supporting digital videos, podcasts, e-books and mobile apps that has been purchased from the iOS app store. The application has proved to be a boon for all music lovers which offers more than 200000 tracks that were available during the launch for purchase and download. the store now offers over 12 million tracks for downloading and had overtaken Walmart in 2008 to become the number one retailer of music in the United States. iTunes has grown to become the world’s number one music retailer with a few reports crediting over 70% business in worldwide online music sales.
The Apple iTunes store had recently reached a huge landmark on 25th February 2020 when the company sold its 10 billionth song. To mark the memory of this achievement, the company and developers decided to release a list featuring the tracks downloaded the most number of times. The list features tracks from famous artists like Coldplay, Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Pink, Katy Perry and Beyonce among others.
The list of the most downloaded tracks of all times is as given below.
- ‘I Gotta Feeling’ by Black Eyed Peas (released in 2009)
- ‘Poker Face’ by Lady Gaga (released in 2008)
- ‘Boom Boom Pow’ by Black Eyed Peas (released in 2009)
- ‘I’m Yours’ by Jason Mraz (released in 2008)
- ‘Viva la Vida’ by Coldplay (released in 2008)
- ‘Just Dance’ by Lady Gaga and Colby O’Donnis (released in 2008)
- ‘Low’ (featuring T-Pain) by Flo Rida (released in 2007)
- ‘Love Story’ by Taylor Swift (released in 2009)
- ‘Bleeding Love’ by Leona Lewis (released in 2007)
- ‘Tik Tok’ by Ke$ha (released in 2009)
All of these songs were released over a decade ago and yet remain to be one of the most popular tracks that cannot be overlooked or forgotten by any true music lover. These tracks have been a favorite since their launch and have proved to be major chartbusters both online and offline on leading music platforms.