One of the most exciting duets of the year is 'Just a Fool' by Chrstina Aguilera and Blake Shelton. 'The Voice' co-stars teamed up for this country love song about heartbreak and moving on. It's the first country ballad by Aguilera, who turns in perhaps her strongest vocal performance since 'Beautiful.'
One of the biggest collaborative efforts of the month was released by 50 Cent. His new single 'My Life' features Adam Levine and Eminem. The song, which is off the upcoming album 'Street King Immortal', has generated a lot of buzz, with a catchy chorus by Levine and impressive, upbeat lyrics from Eminem and 50 Cent himself.
Of course, it wouldn't be December without some Christmas releases. Colbie Caillat released an original tune 'Christmas in the Sand,' about Christmas in warm-weather locations. The peaceful, feel-good track is one of the better Christmas songs to be released this year and features silly, yet catchy lyrics.
This month's selection of hits also features new releases from some independent artists who gained a lot of fame on the Internet, before selling a lot of records. Hip-hop and electric duo Timeflies are lighting up the club scene with the synth-heavy track 'Swoon.' Macklemore and his producer Ryan Lewis are generating a ton of buzz as well with their comedic hip-hop hit 'Thrift Shop.'
Click on any of the titles below for more details and to find out on which AOL radio station you can hear each song.
- Christina Aguilera and Blake Shelton, 'Just a Fool'
- 50 Cent, 'My Life' (Feat. Eminem and Adam Levine)
- Colbie Caillat, 'Christmas in the Sand'
- Colbie Caillat and Gavin DeGraw, 'We Both Know'
- ZZ Ward, 'Put the Gun Down'
- Timeflies, 'Swoon'
- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, 'Thrift Shop' (Feat. Wanz)
- Owl City, 'Shooting Star'
- Austin Mahone, 'Say You're Just a Friend' (Feat. Flo Rida)
- Far East Movement, 'Turn Up the Love' (Feat. Cover Drive)
- Trey Songz, 'Simply Amazing'
- Melanie Amaro, 'Long Distance'